Hey, y’all know I’m new at this. If I were not working two jobs I would be all up on that making things from scratch thing, but since I’m not and we’re all in a hurry, I’ll keep this brief and vague.
So, something I try to make sure always happens when I eat a meal is that I have a protein, vegetable, and carb. At least for lunch and dinner. Breakfast can sometimes be just a carb and protein because I usually workout just before eating, but I know I can do better on that.
This week’s recipe is for the nutritional foodie on the go. The average cooking time is about 20-30 minutes, so you shouldn’t have a problem squeezing that in every day or every other day. I like really simple recipes that get the job done usually. This Shrimp Alfredo Risotto w/ Broccoli makes two servings so you can have one for dinner or one for lunch. Enjoy!
1) Lundberg Alfredo Risotto
2) Frozen broccoli florets
3) Shrimp cocktail
Total Calories per serving ~ 464
Total Fat Calories per serving ~ 36
Macros per serving:
Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 78 g
Protein: 29 g
1) Start by preparing Risotto as indicated on the box.
2) Once Risotto is simmering, use olive oil to coat a large frying pan and add broccoli florets. Cook on medium settings.
3) De-tail shrimp and add to frying pan with broccoli. Make sure to keep things moving to prevent burning.
4) (optional) Once Risotto is ready use a utensil to remove shrimp from pan and add to Risotto mixture.
5) Once everything has finished cooking, add to plate/bowl and you’re ready to serve. You can mix things up in any way you want or keep everything separate. Totally up to you!